Liked the Social Computing course? Come work with us!
Written on 27.03.2023 17:07 by Mirella Hladky
We are looking for a motivated student to join the Affective Computing Group (ACG) at German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) as a Student Research Assistant (Hiwi). The ACG works on developing systems with which people can interact with virtual characters. These systems are aimed at realizing the principles of human-human interaction in a virtual character setting.
The main responsibilities of the Research Assistant will include developing tools, setting up systems to conduct studies, and organizing collected data for machine learning.
• Currently in a Bachelor's or Master's program in Computer Science, or a related field.
• Experience in programming languages such as Java and Python.
• Familiarity with human-computer interaction and machine learning concepts.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Strong communication skills in English. German skills would be a bonus.
• Java development: Familiarity with gradle, Javalin and web development concepts.
• Completed courses such as Social Computing, Software Engineering, Programming, Elements of Machine Learning, Neural Networks: Theory and Implementation, High Level Computer Vision.
This position will offer a great opportunity for the student to gain experience in research, development of machine learning applications, and potentially lead to a thesis project. You can also take over tutoring responsibilities for future lectures.
If you are interested, please submit a resume and a brief cover letter explaining your interest and your relevant experience. We will review all applications and contact qualified candidates for an interview.
Contact: Chirag Bhuvaneshwara, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply until: 01.05.2023